7 March 2020
Date(s) - 7 March 2020 - 15 March 2020
Held in March each year, Parks Week involves hundreds of organisations across Australia and New Zealand holding events to celebrate the vital role parks play in creating liveable cities and thriving communities. The week sees councils and other organisations on both sides of the Tasman running engaging events to raise awareness on the value of parks and open spaces, and to get people out of their living rooms and enjoying the outdoors.
Parks Week 2020 will focus on the how spending time in our parks and open spaces positively influences our wellbeing.
Reasons to celebrate parks:
- Visiting parks is good for your physical and mental well-being.
- Healthy parks are an essential ingredient for healthy people.
- Parks support health and well-being, enhance the ability to cope with and recover from illness and injury and help to reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Parks build stronger and connected communities by providing places where people come together for leisure.
- Parks provide environmental benefits to our cities.
Please visit the Parks Week website to find activities happening near you.
‘Relax with the family at Jells Park’, photo by Vikas David.