Living Links is governed by the Living Links Coordination Committee. Members of the Committee are appointed by the Port Phillip and Westernport Catchment Management Authority (PPWCMA) using the provisions from the Catchment and Land Protection Act 1994. The Committee is governed by the Living Links Coordination Committee Charter, ratified in 2008, which states the rules and responsibilities of the Committee.
Living Links Committee Membership
The PPWCMA Board appoints the Chair and all other members of the Committee. The Living Links Committee aims to have a membership that provides a mix of relevant skills from the local community and major Living Links stakeholders. Membership to the Living Links Committee is sought through public advertisement and invitations to stakeholder organisations every three years. Members may be re-appointed at the end of their term. The PPWCMA Board can terminate membership of individual members and/or the whole Living Links Committee at any time.
Responsibilities of Living Links Committee
The Living Links Committee acts as a Board of Management for Living Links. The Committee has responsibility to undertake the following roles:
- Implement the strategic directions and management principles for Living Links as outlined in the Living Links Business Plan
- Review and amend the strategic directions and management principles for Living Links as required
- Oversee, and report to the PPWCMA Board on, all aspects of the development and management of Living Links including financial management and on-ground performance
- Identify priority projects within Living Links
- Seek and source funding and resourcing for Living Links in line with relevant PPWCMA sponsorship policy
- Determine the allocation of funding that has been secured to Living Links (where there is some discretion to do so)
- Guide the work program of the Living Links Coordinator in collaboration with the relevant PPWCMA manager
- Advise the PPWCMA Board of emerging Living Links issues and recommend strategies by which these might be addressed
- Identify and foster opportunities for integration and cooperation between programs, agencies and the community relevant to Living Links
- Promote the Living Links project to potential sponsors, government, stakeholders and local communities
Living Links Coordinator
The overall strategic and executive support of the Living Links Committee is undertaken by a Living Links Coordinator employed by the PPWCMA. This position supports the Living Links Committee, is guided by the Living Links Committee and works in line with the direction of the Living Links Committee. The position is accountable to an appropriate PPWCMA Manager to ensure satisfactory work performance and that day-to-day line management, mentorship and leadership is provided for the position.
Implementation of the Living Links Business Plan involves funding from various sources and organisations, and involves various partnership arrangements. Some of the funds are provided directly to Living Links. These funds are managed and reported on by the PPWCMA through specific Living Links project accounts within the PPWCMA financial management system. The Living Links Committee oversees the allocation and expenditure of these funds. The Living Links Committee develops an annual budget for Living Links funds (to be approved by the PPWCMA Board) which is included in the PPWCMA financial management system. The Living Links Committee has delegations from the PPWCMA Board to approve expenditures in line with the approved budget (or in line with the approved forecasts which can be approved by the PPWCMA Board at any normal Board meeting). A Living Links financial report is generated by the PPWCMA from the accounts and provided to the Living Links Committee for consideration at each of its regular meetings.
Living Links Coordination Committee Members
The current Lving Links Coordination Committee consists of representatives from the following partner organisations. Further information on each of these organisations can be found on the Partners page.
- Bayside City Council
- City of Casey
- Frankston City Council
- City of Greater Dandenong
- City of Kingston
- Knox City Council
- Maroondah City Council
- Monash City Council
- City of Whitehorse
- Yarra Ranges Council
- Melbourne Water
- Parks Victoria
- South East Water
- Bushwalking Victoria
- Conservation Volunteers Australia
- Port Phillip & Westernport CMA
Living Links Committee Performance
The Living Links Committee reviews its performance on an annual basis and provides any consequent recommendations to the PPWCMA Board.