Each year, Living Links will support one primary or secondary school located within the Dandenong Creek catchment to undertake a project relating to the Living Links program vision of “Creating a web of green spaces where people and nature connect”.
The objectives of the Living Links Ambassador School Program are:
- Create long-lasting connections of students to the importance of urban environments
- Allow students to explore local environmental issues affecting their school and local community
- Promoting innovative learning that fosters environmental stewardship
- Promoting an awareness of the Living Links Program
Examples of projects may include:
- Revegetation and habitat enhancement
- Urban Ecology
- Urban Greening
- Connecting people to nature
- Water Quality
- Community engagement
- Waterway health
Further information about the 2020 Ambassador Schools Program can be found here.