Each year, Living Links will support one primary or secondary school located within the Dandenong Creek catchment to undertake a project relating to the Living Links program vision of “Creating a web of green spaces where people and nature connect”.
The objectives of the Living Links Ambassador School Program are:
- Create long-lasting connections of students to the importance of urban environments
- Allow students to explore local environmental issues affecting their school and local community
- Promoting innovative learning that fosters environmental stewardship
- Promoting an awareness of the Living Links Program
Examples of projects may include:
- Revegetation and habitat enhancement
- Urban Ecology
- Urban Greening
- Connecting people to nature
- Water Quality
- Community engagement
- Waterway health
What does the Ambassador School receive?
- A $2,000 grant to develop and implement their project including materials and equipment that may be needed
- Mentor support from the Living Links Committee
- Sponsorship to attend the 2019 Kids Teaching Kids Conference
- A Stormwater Incursion from Swinburne University
- A Living Links Ambassador Schools sign to display
The Living Links Ambassador Schools program is open to primary or secondary schools within the Dandenong Creek catchment. Please see our map to check whether you are within the catchment.
Please download the application form below for the 2019 program and submit via email to email@example.com before 8th March.
For further information please contact the Living Links Coordinator, Sarah Maclagan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8781 7943.