11 March 2019
**Applications have now closed for the 2019 Living Links Ambassador Schools Program – winner will be announced soon**
Starting in 2019, Living Links will support one primary or secondary school per year located within the Dandenong Creek catchment to undertake a project relating to the Living Links program vision of “Creating a web of green spaces where people and nature connect”.
The objectives of the Living Links Ambassador School Program are:
- Create long-lasting connections of students to the importance of urban environments
- Allow students to explore local environmental issues affecting their school and local community
- Promoting innovative learning that fosters environmental stewardship
- Promoting an awareness of the Living Links Program
Examples of projects may include:
- Revegetation and habitat enhancement
- Urban Ecology
- Urban Greening
- Connecting people to nature
- Water Quality
- Community engagement
- Waterway health
What does the Ambassador School receive?
- A $2,000 grant to develop and implement their project including materials and equipment that may be needed
- Mentor support from the Living Links Committee
- Sponsorship to attend the 2019 Kids Teaching Kids Conference
- A Stormwater Incursion from Swinburne University
- A Living Links Ambassador Schools sign to display
|4 February 2019||Applications Open|
|8 March 2019||Applications for Living Links Ambassador Schools close|
|18 March 2019||Project Working Group meet to assess applications|
|April 2019||Recommendation for successful school presented to Living Links Committee|
|23 April 2019||Successful Ambassador School commences project in Term 2|
|22-23 October 2019||Melbourne Water Kids Teaching Kids Conference|
|November 2019||School Presents to Living Links Committee
Awarding of Living Links Ambassador School Program Sign
The Living Links Ambassador Schools program is open to primary or secondary schools within the Dandenong Creek catchment. Please see our map to check whether you are within the catchment.
Please download the application form below and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please contact the Living Links Coordinator, Sarah Maclagan, at email@example.com or phone 8781 7943.